AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-09T06:23:56+00:00

    Many thanks... both for your time and excellent info..  I had reduced hibfil because I only wanted Fast Start (back in November - CZ I only ever really need to power my pc off ) and had either not read or forgotten that the reduction crippled hibernate function. I am happy with Fast start storing info in hibfil and I think I will now simply set SLEEP to 'never' to temporarily avoid the other problems and hope I can remember to put it back when MS fixes sleep. I have a notion to flush out hibfil (by removing and letting Win 10 recreate) as I feel some of the issues we all experience are due to the info stored in hibfil and used in power up sequence. 

    Have a nice week and again I really appreciate your help and time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T18:58:06+00:00

    There is a workaround for this issue: detach the keyboard, use the touch screen to open the options menu, while the screen is rotated to landscape hit the "rotation lock" button. Reattach your keyboard. If you ever want to use it in portrait mode you just have to remember to unlock the rotation. Not a fix but I haven't seen that little pop-up since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-25T16:03:35+00:00

    It kills my bluetooth hub in a way that I cannot reconnect my bluetooth-mouse without rebooting!

    It's a catastrophy! 

    It apperas whenever I resume or boot my sp3 connected to the dock (not the sp3 docking station!)

    I believe it is the dock itself, because without the dock I never have issues!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T00:17:15+00:00

    My Surface Book started to send intermittent notices of "Attached" and "Auto Rotate on".

    Any way I can fix this on my own?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T21:41:57+00:00

    Another workaround seems to be to disable Fast Startup in the power button settings.

    Also, the 3/1/16 Windows updates are said to address, among other things, these items:

    "Windows Update installation, startup . . . resuming from hibernation, shutdown, kernel, Start menu, storage, Windows Hello, display modes".

    Hopefully, some of the outstanding annoyances with the SB are resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments