I've gone through 4 i7/16GB/512GB Surface Books. Every single one has had this problem, including the newest. None of the release notes for any of the patches have mentioned it, so I'm sure they haven't released any fixes aimed at this bug yet... I just hope they're working on one. After 4 SB's, I'm quite certain at this point it affects them all... But not always. If I somehow get into a state where it's not doing it, it'll continue to not do it until I detach the screen and re-attach it... Or maybe it's after I let it go to sleep and wake it up.... Either way, it'll randomly start doing it again (some days more frequently than others). Strangely the trackpad and keyboard never cut out when the message comes up, so the device should know it's still docked. But no. Because, Surface Book.
AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...
I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T06:40:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-06T06:46:14+00:00 Hey Gary, Yes, I had it at first, then it went away with an update, and then started happening again with this latest firmware update! argh..
I have the 256 gb/i5/8gb ram model, same model I purchased originally, on my first SB still
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T06:50:17+00:00 Tellson..
Then why am I? I've done nothing differently than you guys have. Just unlucky?
One thing that irks me.. is the randomness of the issues and that not everybody experiences the same issues when using same hardware or similar results. Something is definitely WONKY and not right. My MBP never had this kind of wonkiness.
If the issues aren't addressed soon, and for GOOD, I am selling this and getting a new MacBook when they come out in March. I'm getting peeved at the unreliability, as much as I love this SB, it is irking me.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T07:18:15+00:00 I have a question, please (reason is given below): is the problem confined to Surface Book or does it happen with Surface Pro?
Yes - I have the problem on my SB (512 with Nvidia); all fixes applied; and confirm it appears RANDOMLY but more frequently after power on or return from sleep! Have only detached the screen twice (in November out of curiosity at the time of receipt). Have read and tried most suggestions in various threads without any apparent change.
Like most I have got used to living with it but I have a peculiar problem which keeps me interested. I am in the UK and managed to get a SB in November but as it is not available here yet I have no support and so I don't want to return the SB (which will be complicated) until it can be confirmed it is a hardware problem with a physical fix. Hence my question about the problem being on Surface Pro. Any input/advice would be welcome.
thanks pete
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T22:47:48+00:00 BBold75,
I have an i7,16, 512......I don't have the dock.
From day one of purchasing, after setup, I immediately set it to 'Hibernate' (as I had read all the problems with sleep). I have not let it sleep once. (Have I avoided issues by doing this?????).
Have you let the device go to 'Sleep' even once?
A lot of people seem to be having other issues, and it seems that they are 'Sleep' related?
This has been well documented from many people using this forum.
My SB is rock solid, no issues, no BSOD, no loss of cursor or keyboard issues, nothing????
My advice to everyone would be to make sure the device never sleeps until MS sort that issue out.
Using 'Hibernate' is not a problem for me as it only takes a few seconds to be back up and running.....and to avoid all the issues surrounding 'Sleep' is a no brainer to me.