AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-05T19:33:53+00:00

    Yes I have the same issue, I have more other important issues so I never wrote about this (or contacted anyone). But this happens to me too (I have all the updates yes). And I don't think I'm doing anything causing it, it seems it is pretty random.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-05T21:56:36+00:00

    I'm now on my 4th Surface Book. All 4 have done this.

    I hope this bug is on the Surface Firmware team's TODO list too as it prevents me from enabling the auto-switch to tablet mode option. If you turn that option on, instead of just the "Auto Rotate On" message, the computer randomly switches into and out of tablet mode all the time.

    Super annoying as the auto-tablet mode switch (supposed to only be triggered when you detach or reattach the screen) is one of the biggest selling points of Windows 10 and the Surface line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T05:13:03+00:00

    I, too, am STILL seeing "Autorotate On" popping up every day, at least 10 times per day. I had this error in the beginning, did the first SB update, it went away, now it's come back since the last firmware update. What the **** is going on?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T05:24:04+00:00

    For me......since the 27/01/2016 update, I am no longer seeing this message.......long may this continue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T05:44:40+00:00

    I've been quite pleased with "Autorotate On" with this last update.   I used to see it frequently.  It didn't effect reliability, but it was a nuisance having it come up all the time.

    After the recent update the only time I ever see this message now is when I detach my display. I can start work in the morning and if I never detach I never see the message.

    Something strange is going on here with all these differing reports.. Refresh my memory BB, what model SB do you have?  I have the i7/16GB/512GB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments