AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T15:57:28+00:00

    I replied to this problem on another thread......

    I found I could trigger this event....'Autorotate on'/'do you want to switch to tablet mode '.....by going to the 'Store' and checking for updates (check for updates 2 or 3 times would invoke the issue).

    Strangely enough, I could not reproduce the errors (as above) when the clipboard was attached in reverse (the screen is attached to the base but reversed... i.e. if I closed the lid the screen would be on the outside).

    Can you reproduce the same results?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:11:02+00:00

    I have this incredibly annoying problem also. 

    I am constantly being asked if I want to switch to tablet/confluence mode and the "screen rotation" notice pops up....  

    Glad, at least, to see I am not alone with this problem..

    Microsoft- please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T18:53:05+00:00

    I have this annoying pop up as well - on both brand new (3 days old) 512 i7s.  Auto Rotate On appears randomly in upper left of the clipboard.

    Let's fix this MS!

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T19:00:54+00:00

    There doesn't seem to be a pattern for me.  Checking for updates in the Store app the way you described above does not reproduce it either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-20T22:20:30+00:00

    I get the same issue on my Surface Book and it's rather annoying.

    It's a hardware issue with the latch system (I'm sure along with the software detection) where the computer assumes you've detached the tablet from the keyboard therefore displaying "Autorotate On".

    You can see this in action if you enable automatic switching from desktop to tablet mode. You'll see that whenever the "Autorotate On" icon pops up the UI switches to tablet mode.

    To try what I've tested go to:

    1.   "Settings" 

    2.   "System"

    3.   "Tablet Mode"

    4.   When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off → "Don't ask me and always switch"

    Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments