AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-11-19T21:25:33+00:00

    It isn't just SB's. I see this on my SP3 and my one day old Surface 3 LTE. Both are completely updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T21:57:31+00:00

    I have the same issue on my SB, which awakens in tablet mode when the message appears even when connected to the keyboard in confluence mode.  Evidence that Windows isn't detecting the connection between the clipboard and the keyboard when this message flashes? And the irony is that when I go on to disconnect the clipboard, it won't autorotate even after toggling rotation lock on and off. Display driver crashed and recovered shortly after on at least one occasion.

    Any updates from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-29T02:59:26+00:00

    I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

    Yes, an annoying "feature" that apparently came with the last update. 

    At least I never saw it before the last update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T17:14:54+00:00

    Yep, happening to me, too. "Autorotate on" appears constantly. I'm like "yep. thanks" and keep working lol.. Is the fix truly to wipe the monster lock with alcohol, does that truly work or is it more hot air from support team?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T15:36:01+00:00

    I'd like to get rid of this annoyance as well.  But it's only just an annoyance since it doesn't actually do anything other than appear.

    Update: When it appears, it messes up my scaling on my external monitors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments