AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:11:02+00:00

    I have this incredibly annoying problem also. 

    I am constantly being asked if I want to switch to tablet/confluence mode and the "screen rotation" notice pops up....  

    Glad, at least, to see I am not alone with this problem..

    Microsoft- please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T15:57:28+00:00

    I replied to this problem on another thread......

    I found I could trigger this event....'Autorotate on'/'do you want to switch to tablet mode '.....by going to the 'Store' and checking for updates (check for updates 2 or 3 times would invoke the issue).

    Strangely enough, I could not reproduce the errors (as above) when the clipboard was attached in reverse (the screen is attached to the base but reversed... i.e. if I closed the lid the screen would be on the outside).

    Can you reproduce the same results?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T15:36:01+00:00

    I'd like to get rid of this annoyance as well.  But it's only just an annoyance since it doesn't actually do anything other than appear.

    Update: When it appears, it messes up my scaling on my external monitors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T17:14:54+00:00

    Yep, happening to me, too. "Autorotate on" appears constantly. I'm like "yep. thanks" and keep working lol.. Is the fix truly to wipe the monster lock with alcohol, does that truly work or is it more hot air from support team?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-29T02:59:26+00:00

    I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

    Yes, an annoying "feature" that apparently came with the last update. 

    At least I never saw it before the last update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments