AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-05T21:56:36+00:00

    I'm now on my 4th Surface Book. All 4 have done this.

    I hope this bug is on the Surface Firmware team's TODO list too as it prevents me from enabling the auto-switch to tablet mode option. If you turn that option on, instead of just the "Auto Rotate On" message, the computer randomly switches into and out of tablet mode all the time.

    Super annoying as the auto-tablet mode switch (supposed to only be triggered when you detach or reattach the screen) is one of the biggest selling points of Windows 10 and the Surface line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-05T19:33:53+00:00

    Yes I have the same issue, I have more other important issues so I never wrote about this (or contacted anyone). But this happens to me too (I have all the updates yes). And I don't think I'm doing anything causing it, it seems it is pretty random.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T04:16:08+00:00

    Same issue reporting in, fully updated even with 1-27-16 firmware update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T06:18:37+00:00

    Yes, I met this problem too, it just happens randomly, so randomly that I don't know what have I done, sometimes it happens even after I did nothing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-05T21:56:32+00:00

    I'm seeing this issue too.  The screen is attached to the keyboard, the laptop is just sitting there and a "auto rotate" notification keeps appearing every 30 to 90 seconds.  

    It's not preventing anything but it is extremely annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments