Hey Gary, Yes, I had it at first, then it went away with an update, and then started happening again with this latest firmware update! argh..
I have the 256 gb/i5/8gb ram model, same model I purchased originally, on my first SB still
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey Gary, Yes, I had it at first, then it went away with an update, and then started happening again with this latest firmware update! argh..
I have the 256 gb/i5/8gb ram model, same model I purchased originally, on my first SB still
I've gone through 4 i7/16GB/512GB Surface Books. Every single one has had this problem, including the newest. None of the release notes for any of the patches have mentioned it, so I'm sure they haven't released any fixes aimed at this bug yet... I just hope they're working on one. After 4 SB's, I'm quite certain at this point it affects them all... But not always. If I somehow get into a state where it's not doing it, it'll continue to not do it until I detach the screen and re-attach it... Or maybe it's after I let it go to sleep and wake it up.... Either way, it'll randomly start doing it again (some days more frequently than others). Strangely the trackpad and keyboard never cut out when the message comes up, so the device should know it's still docked. But no. Because, Surface Book.
I've been quite pleased with "Autorotate On" with this last update. I used to see it frequently. It didn't effect reliability, but it was a nuisance having it come up all the time.
After the recent update the only time I ever see this message now is when I detach my display. I can start work in the morning and if I never detach I never see the message.
Something strange is going on here with all these differing reports.. Refresh my memory BB, what model SB do you have? I have the i7/16GB/512GB.
For me......since the 27/01/2016 update, I am no longer seeing this message.......long may this continue!
I, too, am STILL seeing "Autorotate On" popping up every day, at least 10 times per day. I had this error in the beginning, did the first SB update, it went away, now it's come back since the last firmware update. What the **** is going on?!