AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T18:58:06+00:00

    There is a workaround for this issue: detach the keyboard, use the touch screen to open the options menu, while the screen is rotated to landscape hit the "rotation lock" button. Reattach your keyboard. If you ever want to use it in portrait mode you just have to remember to unlock the rotation. Not a fix but I haven't seen that little pop-up since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-09T06:23:56+00:00

    Many thanks... both for your time and excellent info..  I had reduced hibfil because I only wanted Fast Start (back in November - CZ I only ever really need to power my pc off ) and had either not read or forgotten that the reduction crippled hibernate function. I am happy with Fast start storing info in hibfil and I think I will now simply set SLEEP to 'never' to temporarily avoid the other problems and hope I can remember to put it back when MS fixes sleep. I have a notion to flush out hibfil (by removing and letting Win 10 recreate) as I feel some of the issues we all experience are due to the info stored in hibfil and used in power up sequence. 

    Have a nice week and again I really appreciate your help and time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-09T03:36:09+00:00

    I get the auto rotate message whenever I release and reattach the clipboard. It also pops up randomly while using the SB with the clipboard attached.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-09T01:39:44+00:00

    Hello Pete,

    In a previous post you mentioned that you had reduced the hibfile size.

    Take a look at the pic below, noting the 'Tip' at the end of the document.

    This would explain why you're not seeing Hibernate.

    As a note, this will not stop the 'Autorotate' message.....Using hibernate will stop the SB from sleeping, which seems to have the effect of helping avoid issues in other areas.

    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-08T06:51:20+00:00

    Thank you very much for helping...... My SB does not give me the same screen shots as you???!!!!

    Settings> additional power settings   - SAME - IE takes me to Control Panel

    CP> chose what the power button does - same up to a point! It is the same screen but the drop downs have no Hibernation options - the only options for me are 'do nothing'; 'sleep'; and 'shutdown' for Power button & Closing lid (and 'do nothing' and 'sleep' for the sleep button which I assume is irrelevant as I have no sleep button on my SB!

    What am I missing? .... Even if I select 'Change settings which are not available (to change the 3 options (which are all ticked): fast startup; sleep; & lock they have no effect on the above available options!

    Any comment on the following???

    NOTE: the following MS article states my SB has 'Instant go' (type of sleep) built in.

    https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10

    AND elsewhere (cant find the link at the moment) I copied from another MS article ' PCs with Instant Go don't have the Hibernate option'. However I do understand that on low battery power Win 10 will write to the Hibfil area (IE like hibernate) and this is shown as Hibernate under > change advanced settings > power

    Seems like a minefield to me.... and all I wanted was to find a workaround to avoid the irritating rotate window.... GRrrr to MS

    2nd link re no hibernate on Instant go = http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/how-shut-down-turn-off-pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments