AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-09T07:25:41+00:00

    I think i may have resolved it, but may have to monitor for a bit more

    When you have your keyboard on, the Rotation Lock will be grayed out.

    Try the below

    1. remove your keyboard
    2. set "Rotation Lock" to on
    3. reattach your keyboard

    See if there's any more issue after that.

    Good luck, seems to have fixed my issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-02T21:35:43+00:00

    This started happening to my Surface Book today. I got the 10/28/16 firmware updates on 10/29/16. Everything seemed fine. Then this morning it started constantly reporting Autorotate On, then Attached. Then Autorotate On, then Attached. It does this 2 or 3 times, then seems to settle down. Then suddenly it starts again. It has done this randomly all day. I have tried everything. I tried running the Sensor Troubleshooter and it crashes repeatedly. Definitely something very wrong here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T16:41:41+00:00

    On my Surface Pro (the early one), I have tablet mode off. The "autorotate on" shows randomly as others have said, but I can trigger it at will by rotating my surface 90 deg either way. The display does NOT rotate (turned off).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-02T12:10:57+00:00

    These pop ups have been getting worse and more frequent. As I was looking this up and reading these posts, it was almost constant. I thought I kept this pretty clean. I just tried the cleaning of the connectors with the lint free cloth and eye-glass cleaner (which has isopropyl alcohol) and so far so good - not one "autorate on" pop up.

    Thank you very much!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments