I've gone through 4 i7/16GB/512GB Surface Books. Every single one has had this problem, including the newest. None of the release notes for any of the patches have mentioned it, so I'm sure they haven't released any fixes aimed at this bug yet... I just hope they're working on one. After 4 SB's, I'm quite certain at this point it affects them all... But not always. If I somehow get into a state where it's not doing it, it'll continue to not do it until I detach the screen and re-attach it... Or maybe it's after I let it go to sleep and wake it up.... Either way, it'll randomly start doing it again (some days more frequently than others). Strangely the trackpad and keyboard never cut out when the message comes up, so the device should know it's still docked. But no. Because, Surface Book.
AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...
I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T06:40:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-06T05:44:40+00:00 I've been quite pleased with "Autorotate On" with this last update. I used to see it frequently. It didn't effect reliability, but it was a nuisance having it come up all the time.
After the recent update the only time I ever see this message now is when I detach my display. I can start work in the morning and if I never detach I never see the message.
Something strange is going on here with all these differing reports.. Refresh my memory BB, what model SB do you have? I have the i7/16GB/512GB.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-06T05:24:04+00:00 For me......since the 27/01/2016 update, I am no longer seeing this message.......long may this continue!
-
Anonymous
2016-02-05T19:33:53+00:00 Yes I have the same issue, I have more other important issues so I never wrote about this (or contacted anyone). But this happens to me too (I have all the updates yes). And I don't think I'm doing anything causing it, it seems it is pretty random.
-
Anonymous
2015-12-14T19:00:54+00:00 There doesn't seem to be a pattern for me. Checking for updates in the Store app the way you described above does not reproduce it either.