AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T18:58:06+00:00

    There is a workaround for this issue: detach the keyboard, use the touch screen to open the options menu, while the screen is rotated to landscape hit the "rotation lock" button. Reattach your keyboard. If you ever want to use it in portrait mode you just have to remember to unlock the rotation. Not a fix but I haven't seen that little pop-up since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-11-19T21:25:33+00:00

    It isn't just SB's. I see this on my SP3 and my one day old Surface 3 LTE. Both are completely updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T22:47:48+00:00

    BBold75,

    I have an i7,16, 512......I don't have the dock.

    From day one of purchasing, after setup, I immediately set it to 'Hibernate' (as I had read all the problems with sleep). I have not let it sleep once. (Have I avoided issues by doing this?????).

    Have you let the device go to 'Sleep' even once?

    A lot of people seem to be having other issues, and it seems that they are 'Sleep' related?

    This has been well documented from many people using this forum.

    My SB is rock solid, no issues, no BSOD, no loss of cursor or keyboard issues, nothing????

    My advice to everyone would be to make sure the device never sleeps until MS sort that issue out.

    Using 'Hibernate' is not a problem for me as it only takes a few seconds to be back up and running.....and to avoid all the issues surrounding 'Sleep' is a no brainer to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T05:13:03+00:00

    I, too, am STILL seeing "Autorotate On" popping up every day, at least 10 times per day. I had this error in the beginning, did the first SB update, it went away, now it's come back since the last firmware update. What the **** is going on?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T04:16:08+00:00

    Same issue reporting in, fully updated even with 1-27-16 firmware update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments