AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T21:57:31+00:00

    I have the same issue on my SB, which awakens in tablet mode when the message appears even when connected to the keyboard in confluence mode.  Evidence that Windows isn't detecting the connection between the clipboard and the keyboard when this message flashes? And the irony is that when I go on to disconnect the clipboard, it won't autorotate even after toggling rotation lock on and off. Display driver crashed and recovered shortly after on at least one occasion.

    Any updates from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-26T04:28:43+00:00

    there is a frequent notification "auto-rotate" is on. please resolve this problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T06:18:37+00:00

    Yes, I met this problem too, it just happens randomly, so randomly that I don't know what have I done, sometimes it happens even after I did nothing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T15:57:28+00:00

    I replied to this problem on another thread......

    I found I could trigger this event....'Autorotate on'/'do you want to switch to tablet mode '.....by going to the 'Store' and checking for updates (check for updates 2 or 3 times would invoke the issue).

    Strangely enough, I could not reproduce the errors (as above) when the clipboard was attached in reverse (the screen is attached to the base but reversed... i.e. if I closed the lid the screen would be on the outside).

    Can you reproduce the same results?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T18:53:05+00:00

    I have this annoying pop up as well - on both brand new (3 days old) 512 i7s.  Auto Rotate On appears randomly in upper left of the clipboard.

    Let's fix this MS!

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments