Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update

Anonymous
2020-02-13T05:08:03+00:00

After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T00:48:49+00:00

    No, but the touchscreen worked until windows was reinstalled then stopped again- the hello camera completely stopped and printing and pen use stopped as well- hopefully the replacement one will work! 

    i dont want Edge - but doesnt look like that is an option?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T01:04:45+00:00

    Nope. I was able to get the touchscreen to work momentarily again using the surface diagnostic tool but it would stop working immediately after a reboot. Definitely sounds like a bad firmware update where it didnt take well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T01:44:07+00:00

    For me it looked like the update and pushing Edge down peoples throats killed my device-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T05:25:41+00:00

    I'm having the same issues currently. Were you able to fix it? I hate to send it to MS only for them to give me a refurbished device :(

    That is ultimately what  happened, sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T13:35:01+00:00

    I still have not been able to fix mine (since February). I too dont want s refurb - this will be the last Surface I buy; there are many alternatives now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments