I have same issue, tried removing all windows updates as far back as it would let me.
MS, what is going on here?!!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have same issue, tried removing all windows updates as far back as it would let me.
MS, what is going on here?!!!
I connected with MS support, and reset the computer and it works. However, once I finished all the windows update, the touchscreen does not work again. It seems to me that there is a bug in certain system update.
See the following to create a USB drive and then following the process to reset your computer.
Support help me resolve this issue. Here are the steps:
You are basically getting rid of the drivers from Feb update and going back to the older ones from the Surface update package.
1. Go into Device Manager. Under Human Interface Device (HID) remove/uninstall the components related to the digitizer. There were either two or three.
2. If you installed the surface Pro update package you need to go into app and unistall it. You may not need to do this if you haven't installed it previously. It won't let you run it again if it is already installed. You are actually going to reinstall this, so that you have the pre Feb drivers.
3. Go to run and run WinVer. This will give you the version of the OS you have. You will need this to download the appropriate version of the Surface Update for your OS. There are two, so download the correct one.
4. Run the installer. Your pen will work almost immediately but it will likely ask you to reboot.
Hope this helps
Regards,
Darrin
Did not help. In fact, those versions of Surface updates are already obsolete.
I have the same issue. Reset with USB - drive worked, same problem after installing updates :-(
MS - please get this done!!!
I have the same issue! Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Build 18363.778. Tried reset, tried reinstall, tried reimage. Touch screen works but then stops after resuming from sleep/hibernation. Device manager shows the following error -
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR
Support needs to fix this! get your act together.