Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update

Anonymous
2020-02-13T05:08:03+00:00

After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T20:07:36+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T20:16:27+00:00

    This did not fix the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-06T20:25:46+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    Ultimately my issue was due to a hardware failure of the touch screen. It is unclear if the software update caused the failure or if it was purely coincidental. Microsoft replaced my device unfortunately with a used, refurbished unit. Even though i only had the device 32 days when the issue  occurred. Very poor customer experience. If the problem had occurred two days earlier, I would have received a new replacement but their service policies are not conductive to customer service exceptions. It is obvious that they got my money and were unwilling to just take care of the customer over just 2 days

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-08T15:01:52+00:00

    I have the same issue. I will report back if I find anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-11T18:01:53+00:00

    Same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments