I'm having the same issues currently. Were you able to fix it? I hate to send it to MS only for them to give me a refurbished device :(
That is ultimately what happened, sorry.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having the same issues currently. Were you able to fix it? I hate to send it to MS only for them to give me a refurbished device :(
That is ultimately what happened, sorry.
For me it looked like the update and pushing Edge down peoples throats killed my device-
Nope. I was able to get the touchscreen to work momentarily again using the surface diagnostic tool but it would stop working immediately after a reboot. Definitely sounds like a bad firmware update where it didnt take well.
No, but the touchscreen worked until windows was reinstalled then stopped again- the hello camera completely stopped and printing and pen use stopped as well- hopefully the replacement one will work!
i dont want Edge - but doesnt look like that is an option?
I did using the directions that I posted.