I also have the same issue. My surface pro 7 was brand new from Best Buy, purchases the stylus and keyboard and am still unable to use the touch screen after spending 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft. Normally I would accept their offer and have the device replaced, however I spent $40 on a blue light filter screen and would then need to purchase another one. Seems like a sneaky marketing tactic by Microsoft to get people to buy the keyboard for extra revenue.
Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-11-02T17:11:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-10-28T18:15:22+00:00 I have the same issue as everyone else, and I've tried all of these things, too.
Please, Microsoft, fix....
-
Anonymous
2020-10-28T14:42:53+00:00 I have the same issue. The problem can be temporarily fixed if I re-install the system by using system image, either version 2004 or 1904. It may work normally for only 1~2 days. Some how, the problem come back again, usually when I turn off the SP7 when leaving office, and turn it on at home. I have tried everything suggested, and nothing really help.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-11T14:18:33+00:00 Apparently this problem has been going on for some time with others!! I just bought this device and a month into ownership MS replaced it with a new one--same problem.
Is the only option to return it for a refund, get a refurb or keep it and deal with having to restart it every 10 - 30 min if you want to use the pen or touchscreen?
@Microsoft will this be fixed anytime soon?
-
Anonymous
2020-07-30T13:35:01+00:00 I still have not been able to fix mine (since February). I too dont want s refurb - this will be the last Surface I buy; there are many alternatives now.