Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update

Anonymous
2020-02-13T05:08:03+00:00

After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T19:45:52+00:00

    Hello.

    I bought my Surface Pro 7 less than a month ago, up to date with firmware and software updates, Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.867. Today I noticed the touchscreen feature is not working, not even with the UEFI screen. I tried several solutions I found, but nothing worked. Finaly I think I can say that it is not a hardware issue, but a software one.

    The touchscreen comes back to life when I uninstall both "HID compliant touch screen" and "Intel Precise Touch Device" drivers and reboot.

    However the touch stop working 5, 10, 20 or more minutes after rebooting. I can't find a pattern to confirm what causes it to stop working again, sometimes plugging/unplugging the Surface Dock also affected, but not every time.

    I hope this helps other people, at least temporarilly.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T17:43:55+00:00

    What do you mean? Could you ellaborate more on this? I have the same exact prolem you mentioned and it is still ongoing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T18:43:42+00:00

    Same here 2nd replacement unit. Slim pen is crashing the intel touch function. Using the finger works flawlessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T00:42:17+00:00

    This is my 3rd device with the same issue--I've gone through every process suggested by Microsoft and other advice I've found on here. It's aggravating, and I think I'm returning rather than replacing with another device that will probably **** out in two days like the prior three.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-21T15:50:04+00:00

    Replacement by MS solved the problem :-)

    Surface is running without problems since half a year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments