Replacement by MS solved the problem :-)
Surface is running without problems since half a year.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Replacement by MS solved the problem :-)
Surface is running without problems since half a year.
Same problem here. Tried all steps mentioned in the troubleshoot, still broken. Thought it might be a hardware problem so I got it replaced. A few months later, same problem with the new device. Microsoft, this has been going on for months... just... how?
I believe that, this is a touch screen hardware problem. I was fortunate enough to get a replacement SP7. It works fine.
I find that it is important not to use fingers or any tool to wipe screen's dusts or dirt when the screen is ON. Such actions may generate static charges which harm the touch screen. Always turn off the computer before wiping or cleaning the touch screen.
Thanks for your reply. What doesn't make sense to me is that more static charges should be produced when the device is on. I would expect charges to build up (e.g. by friction) regardless of the device's power state. But maybe Microsoft's design is indeed flawed and susceptible to electrostatic discharge. That would explain why they can't fix it with an update.
I guess I'll try to have it replaced again.
Same problem here. Tried all steps mentioned in the troubleshoot, still broken. Thought it might be a hardware problem so I got it replaced. A few months later, same problem with the new device. Microsoft, this has been going on for months... just... how?
I believe that, this is a touch screen hardware problem. I was fortunate enough to get a replacement SP7. It works fine.
I find that it is important not to use fingers or any tool to wipe screen's dusts or dirt when the screen is ON. Such actions may generate static charges which harm the touch screen. Always turn off the computer before wiping or cleaning the touch screen.
After trying everything, I ended up sending it back for warrentee- i got a referbished one- i am a teacher, this was terrible- i ended up having to buy a different notebook which is now my primary device
Same problem here. Tried all steps mentioned in the troubleshoot, still broken. Thought it might be a hardware problem so I got it replaced. A few months later, same problem with the new device. Microsoft, this has been going on for months... just... how?