Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update

Anonymous
2020-02-13T05:08:03+00:00

After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-02T17:11:05+00:00

    I also have the same issue. My surface pro 7 was brand new from Best Buy, purchases the stylus and keyboard and am still unable to use the touch screen after spending 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft. Normally I would accept their offer and have the device replaced, however I spent $40 on a blue light filter screen and would then need to purchase another one. Seems like a sneaky marketing tactic by Microsoft to get people to buy the keyboard for extra revenue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T18:15:22+00:00

    I have the same issue as everyone else, and I've tried all of these things, too. 

    Please, Microsoft, fix....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T14:42:53+00:00

    I have the same issue. The problem can be temporarily fixed if I re-install the system by using system image, either version 2004 or 1904. It may work normally for only 1~2 days. Some how, the problem come back again, usually when I turn off the SP7 when leaving office, and turn it on at  home. I have tried everything suggested, and nothing really help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T05:25:41+00:00

    I'm having the same issues currently. Were you able to fix it? I hate to send it to MS only for them to give me a refurbished device :(

    That is ultimately what  happened, sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T01:44:07+00:00

    For me it looked like the update and pushing Edge down peoples throats killed my device-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments