What do you mean? Could you ellaborate more on this? I have the same exact prolem you mentioned and it is still ongoing.
Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-02-14T17:43:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-06T18:43:42+00:00 Same here 2nd replacement unit. Slim pen is crashing the intel touch function. Using the finger works flawlessly.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-21T14:09:54+00:00 Hi all,
I had a similar problem and tried everything (updating drivers, etc.). My surface pro 7 screen works in UEFI mode, so I think it's a software issue on my end. Every time I'd use the surface, the touch screen would stop working at a certain point, both with touch and pen. Only restarting the surface would get them working again. I'm using a surface slim pen. I finally noticed that when I'd uninstall the "Surface Pen Cfu Over Ble LC Connection" driver, the pen and touch screen would work better. I've finally rolled back this driver, and things seem to be working better.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-11T14:18:33+00:00 Apparently this problem has been going on for some time with others!! I just bought this device and a month into ownership MS replaced it with a new one--same problem.
Is the only option to return it for a refund, get a refurb or keep it and deal with having to restart it every 10 - 30 min if you want to use the pen or touchscreen?
@Microsoft will this be fixed anytime soon?
-
Anonymous
2020-07-30T13:35:01+00:00 I still have not been able to fix mine (since February). I too dont want s refurb - this will be the last Surface I buy; there are many alternatives now.