Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update

Anonymous
2020-02-13T05:08:03+00:00

After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T15:31:03+00:00

    I have the same issue! Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Build 18363.778.  Tried reset, tried reinstall, tried reimage. Touch screen works but then stops after resuming from sleep/hibernation. Device manager shows the following error - 

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

    Support needs to fix this! get your act together.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-17T13:01:14+00:00

    Support help me resolve this issue.  Here are the steps:

    You are basically getting rid of the drivers from Feb update and going back to the older ones from the Surface update package.

    1.  Go into Device Manager.  Under Human Interface Device (HID) remove/uninstall the components related to the digitizer.  There were either two or three.

    2.  If you installed the surface Pro update package you need to go into app and unistall it.  You may not need to do this if you haven't installed it previously.  It won't let you run it again if it is already installed.  You are actually going to reinstall this, so that you have the pre Feb drivers.

    3.  Go to run and run WinVer.  This will give you the version of the OS you have.  You will need this to download the appropriate version of the Surface Update for your OS.  There are two, so download the correct one.

    4.  Run the installer.  Your pen will work almost immediately but it will likely ask you to reboot.

    Hope this helps

    Regards,

    Darrin

    This did not work for me.

    I have a Surface Pro 7 with version 1909 and build 18363.72 and there is no update available for this.

    Updates available:

    SurfacePro7_Win10_18362_20.014.39957.0.msi

    SurfacePro7_Win10_17763_20.020.2886.0.msi

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-17T12:53:16+00:00

    I have the same exact issue. This is crazy MS broke the flagship feature of their own device and hasnt fixed it in 2 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-11T18:01:53+00:00

    Same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-08T15:01:52+00:00

    I have the same issue. I will report back if I find anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments