YES!! Thank you so much! Using the old surface pen instead of the new slim pen fixed the problem for me.
Surface Pro 7 touchscreen stopped working after February 2020 firmware update
After the recent firmware update, my Surface Pro 7's touchscreen stopped working. I have had this less than 2 months. any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager showing an error with Surface
ME, Surface UEFI and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-06-10T14:20:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-05-06T23:08:41+00:00 I found the solution for my surface pro gen 5, it will the same with surface pro 7. I did uninstall the Intel (R) precise touch device and check box for the delete this from this pc. Just follow my instruction in this video: https://youtu.be/z0ZeFDGmh2U I hope it help you too.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-04T22:49:14+00:00 Same happening to me. Microsoft Forums are FULL of people having this issue. It seems that MS has no interest in solving it. There was a Sony tool that worked for older models. Is it too difficult for MS engineers to develop a fix? I will not recommend buying a Surface device to anyone, buy Apple instead.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-23T00:42:17+00:00 This is my 3rd device with the same issue--I've gone through every process suggested by Microsoft and other advice I've found on here. It's aggravating, and I think I'm returning rather than replacing with another device that will probably **** out in two days like the prior three.