Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-16T04:38:29+00:00

    Looks like I've got screen flickering on my Surface Pro 4 after installing KB4074588 on Windows 10 1709 (FCU).

    I have external monitors - they are not affected. Interestingly, while hovering mouse over Surface screen flickering stops.

    Update KB4074588 cannot be uninstalled, so I'm kind of stuck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-13T15:29:50+00:00

    I just got mine out of the box and was watching Netflix. An email came in and boom, same deal. I've also had an issue with the sound and audio playing at the same time while watching vid on youtube.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T15:39:03+00:00

    Hello Lana,

    Which Surface device do you have? Also, do you notice how long before the device's screen starts to flicker or is it present from the moment you started using the device?

    We'll look forward to your reply.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T21:24:06+00:00

    Same as OP, Surface Pro 2017 i5 8gb. It happens when I am watching video and get alerts, like that I have a new email. I just got it new this week - is that what you meant by how long?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-15T20:49:17+00:00

    Thank you for updating us. We meant to ask if the flickering starts immediately or does it happen after using it for several hours. If the flickering only happens when you're watching a video and an alert occurs, then we could be dealing with a problem that is caused by a software conflict. We recommend that you try to do a clean boot and try to reproduce the problem by watching a video and waiting for an alert.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Best wishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments