Hey
WE
weilwael
Sorry to hear that, my unit (i5, 4Gb) have the same issue too even when plugged in. I've been searching around but not much has been reported of the same issue as us. Hopefully Microsoft do put up something definite for us users...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey
WE
weilwael
Sorry to hear that, my unit (i5, 4Gb) have the same issue too even when plugged in. I've been searching around but not much has been reported of the same issue as us. Hopefully Microsoft do put up something definite for us users...
Microsoft does not care, especially if you are out of the warranty period.
I've tried every "fix" and reset my device still did not go away.
I am 2 hrs from a store debating on whether its worth it to drive over their. I do not want to spent $450 to get a "refurbished" device with potentially the same if not worse issues as mine.
My theory is that the cooling/ fan system doesn't work properly so it overheated/overheats and burns out something in the hardware display. This is something they SHOULD recall especially with the screens getting very hot to touch but they will not because they are a company that could care less about its customers. They do not stand by their products, its pretty sad.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi I would like you to know that this Issue has been around since the surface pro 4. Microsoft has been ignoring us and pulled out the support of the SP4 leaving the problem Unaddressed. It is quite Surprising that the new product has also been suffering from this issue. I have contacted Panos Panay but he ignored my message so I know he is aware of this issue but chose to disregard it. I hope you guys do not get ignored like us SP4 users suffering from this issue. - Disappointed User has moved on to ACER
for more info pls check:
flcikergate.com
and my discussion which has no reply from the support: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro4-surfdrivers/screen-shaking-for-surface-pro-4-it-seems/8a5c04a2-ebda-4331-809c-d308f0435fdd
Hi Howe,
One possible reason why screen flickers is incompatible app. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. If the problem persists, you may check if you have Hyper-V installed and turn it off. Here's how:
- Select the search box in the taskbar, enter programs and features, and select Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Remove the check from Hyper-V and tap OK.
- Restart the Surface device.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
Regards.
I had already done this with help of Microsoft Surface Customer Care team but still it's getting same issue. I had reset surface also. Now i want to replace or repair this asap. Device is out-of-warrenty.