Experience the same flickering issue the 1st day I got my new SP. And I am not even doing anything intensive like gaming. Casual browsing and moving between tabs... A quick search online revealed multiple reports of same issues... Shame that I got SP in the first place because of its "high end hardware" review/branding... Should have totally gone for other similar pricing alternatives!
Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering
My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-11-17T01:54:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-11-17T06:42:08+00:00 Hi Chenezy,
Have you tried the solution provided in this thread? If not, please do so and let us know the outcome from your issue.
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2017-11-18T00:27:46+00:00 I am having the same issue. Flickering in the bottom 2 inches of my surface pro 4 that is basically a shadow of the top 2 inches superimposed down at the bottom. Just recently started happening about a month ago and I've had the device for 2 years. Tried the display driver fix, did not work. Looked for incompatible apps (I don't have any of the incompatible apps downloaded...) Surface updates are all up to date. Tried a reset. Tried updating to office 2016. Checked that Hyper-V is unchecked. Tried changing brightness settings so it does not auto-adjust. Having the task manager opened and pushed to the front seems to decrease flickering slightly. I do not live close to a Microsoft store and my device is out of warranty. Any suggestions or help? Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2017-11-18T05:01:24+00:00 If some of the troubleshooting steps provided didn’t work. Please run Surface Diagnostic Tool Kit, this will determine the cause and eliminate the issue. For the steps, please click here.
We will be waiting for your update.
-
Anonymous
2017-11-18T14:27:58+00:00 Diagnostic tool kit didn't fix the problem either.