Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-16T02:38:57+00:00

    Microsoft does not care, especially if you are out of the warranty period.

    I've tried every "fix" and reset my device still did not go away.

    I am 2 hrs from a store debating on whether its worth it to drive over their. I do not want to spent $450 to get a "refurbished" device with potentially the same if not worse issues as mine.

    My theory is that the cooling/ fan system doesn't work properly so it overheated/overheats and burns out something in the hardware display. This is something they SHOULD recall especially with the screens getting very hot to touch but they will not because they are a company that could care less about its customers. They do not stand by their products, its pretty sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-06T12:58:40+00:00

    Hey 

    WE

    weilwael

    Sorry to hear that, my unit (i5, 4Gb) have the same issue too even when plugged in. I've been searching around but not much has been reported of the same issue as us. Hopefully Microsoft do put up something definite for us users...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-05T22:22:39+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same issue on my surface Pro 2017 (i7, 16GB)... I'm facing noticeable Flickering when on battery ... Also, I'm seeing light bleed on the bottom and left side of the device...

    Any one solved the issue ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-02T14:21:29+00:00

    OMG I'm having this too - I'm so glad it's not just me! Tried everything so gonna have to ring them on Monday after weeping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments