Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T17:32:51+00:00

    Surface Diagnostic Tool Kit is not solve the MSP 4 screen flickering issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T22:21:50+00:00

    Join the club

    Sign the Petition

    http://chn.ge/2Ci1Ozq please support #flickergate

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T03:30:11+00:00

    Got a surface pro 2017 ( i7 / 16GB / 512GBssd) 2 days back. I have the same issue but  happens at times.  I have returned it to store and they going to check it and possibly replace / refund it.  I tried  the following with no luck.

    1. latest windows update  - no luck
    2. reinstall the windows display driver - no luck
    3. roll back to old display driver - no luck.

    4)roll back to previous version of windows - no luck.

    1. Factory reset - no luck.

    In addition to the above there is no hyper-v role installed and I changed the display rates to 59 / 60 with no luck.

    Anyone got the device replaced have the same issue again ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T13:15:10+00:00

    Hi Howe,

    One possible reason why screen flickers is incompatible app. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. If the problem persists, you may check if you have Hyper-V installed and turn it off. Here's how: 

    1. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter programs and features, and select Programs and Features.
    2. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Remove the check from Hyper-V and tap OK.
    4. Restart the Surface device.

    Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Regards.

    I had already done this with help of Microsoft Surface Customer Care team but still it's getting same issue. I had reset surface also. Now i want to replace or repair this asap. Device is out-of-warrenty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T09:35:36+00:00

    Hi I would like you to know that this Issue has been around since the surface pro 4. Microsoft has been ignoring us and pulled out the support of the SP4 leaving the problem Unaddressed. It is quite Surprising that the new product has also been suffering from this issue. I have contacted Panos Panay but he ignored my message so I know he is aware of this issue but chose to disregard it. I hope you guys do not get ignored like us SP4 users suffering from this issue. - Disappointed User has moved on to ACER

    for more info pls check:

    flcikergate.com

    and my discussion which has no reply from the support: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro4-surfdrivers/screen-shaking-for-surface-pro-4-it-seems/8a5c04a2-ebda-4331-809c-d308f0435fdd

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments