https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x4qb8JQnqa73DzDm3V1DcIL\_U\_5yDlKp
here's exactly what the problem is.... please help! I thought this computer would be good for longer than a few years. Extremely disappointing.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x4qb8JQnqa73DzDm3V1DcIL\_U\_5yDlKp
here's exactly what the problem is.... please help! I thought this computer would be good for longer than a few years. Extremely disappointing.
I tried the Surface Diagnostic Tool Kit and it does not fix the problem or detect any problems with my surface.
I am having the same issue. Flickering in the bottom 2 inches of my surface pro 4 that is basically a shadow of the top 2 inches superimposed down at the bottom. Just recently started happening about a month ago and I've had the device for 2 years. Tried the display driver fix, did not work. Looked for incompatible apps (I don't have any of the incompatible apps downloaded...) Surface updates are all up to date. Tried a reset. Tried updating to office 2016. Checked that Hyper-V is unchecked. Tried changing brightness settings so it does not auto-adjust. Having the task manager opened and pushed to the front seems to decrease flickering slightly. I do not live close to a Microsoft store and my device is out of warranty. Any suggestions or help? Thanks!
Hi Chenezy,
Have you tried the solution provided in this thread? If not, please do so and let us know the outcome from your issue.
Thanks.
Hi Howe,
One possible reason why screen flickers is incompatible app. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. If the problem persists, you may check if you have Hyper-V installed and turn it off. Here's how:
- Select the search box in the taskbar, enter programs and features, and select Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Remove the check from Hyper-V and tap OK.
- Restart the Surface device.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
Regards.
The task manager do flicker alongside other app. I had previously reinstall the display driver and the issue persist. Hyper-V has never been turned on as i carried out the checking steps you suggested.