Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-30T10:04:10+00:00

    Return for full refund and repurchase. A new Surface should not have this issue.

    Do NOT exchange online with Microsoft as you will get a used refurb.

    >This is just out of the box

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-29T23:37:15+00:00

    Yeah. This is just out of the box and I only downloaded Dropbox and Office Suite products - I'm not doing any of that even if I knew how. For over $1,000 it should work. I sent it back yesterday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T03:30:11+00:00

    Got a surface pro 2017 ( i7 / 16GB / 512GBssd) 2 days back. I have the same issue but  happens at times.  I have returned it to store and they going to check it and possibly replace / refund it.  I tried  the following with no luck.

    1. latest windows update  - no luck
    2. reinstall the windows display driver - no luck
    3. roll back to old display driver - no luck.

    4)roll back to previous version of windows - no luck.

    1. Factory reset - no luck.

    In addition to the above there is no hyper-v role installed and I changed the display rates to 59 / 60 with no luck.

    Anyone got the device replaced have the same issue again ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T00:21:50+00:00

    Thanks for the update. Since the issue still persist after performing those troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you contact our Answer Desk team so they can further assist you. Please click this link to be directed. If you're not in the US click here to get the number for your country.

    We appreciate you providing us the result of your conversation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-20T21:14:07+00:00

    Hi Howe,

    One possible reason why screen flickers is incompatible app. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. If the problem persists, you may check if you have Hyper-V installed and turn it off. Here's how: 

    1. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter programs and features, and select Programs and Features.
    2. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Remove the check from Hyper-V and tap OK.
    4. Restart the Surface device.

    Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments