I'm having the same problem when attempting to install 2.12.136.0 on a surface book.
I have attempted the same steps as salm
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
I'm trying to install a firmware update for the Surface Dock I am using connected to my (first generation) Surface Book.
Primarily I'm trying to do this so I can charge my iPhone from the Surface Dock without having the connection repeatedly connect and drop.
I am running Windows 10 (Creator's edition, up to date as of 2nd Feb 2018) and trying to install:
Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi
During the installation process I get the following message.
Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll. Aborting installation.
Any ideas?
Regards
Jonathan
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having the same problem when attempting to install 2.12.136.0 on a surface book.
I have attempted the same steps as salm
It may be that my Surface Dock is up to date. Non-trivial to tell.
However, the problem I am trying to solve is principally an attached iPhone gets connected and disconnected incessantly at ~30s intervals when connected to the Surface Dock, particularly if other items are also connected to the USB. This is extremely frustrating. I was hoping a firmware update might fix the problem.
Can you shed any light on this problem? It appears to be well recognised on the net.
Jonathan
Was the Surface Book connected to the Surface Dock when you tried to install the program?
Yep. Same problem.
Are you also getting the same error when you try to download Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi?