Surface Dock Firmware Updater won't install - Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll

Anonymous
2018-02-02T13:12:27+00:00

Hi

I'm trying to install a firmware update for the Surface Dock I am using connected to my (first generation) Surface Book.

Primarily I'm trying to do this so I can charge my iPhone from the Surface Dock without having the connection repeatedly connect and drop.

I am running Windows 10 (Creator's edition, up to date as of 2nd Feb 2018) and trying to install: 

Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi

During the installation process I get the following message.

Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll. Aborting installation.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jonathan

Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-25T03:36:34+00:00

    I have the same issue - updater stops at 33% - never completes - I have used the updater on another docking station and it went smooth

    chip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-13T16:10:05+00:00

    Thank you. Very interesting!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments