I've had to lodge another warranty repair for my studio.
Last year, I had it for a few weeks before I contacted support to see what's going on. Loud fans, hot, etc. They ended up sending out a replacement. The replacement was only marginally quieter but it was better; it seems that this was just the norm.
This weekend I noticed that the noise on my fan has gotten much much worse. I'm now getting a pulsing whirring noise much worse than before. There's a definite rattle/vibration to it now. I tried to capture this on video below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16FCatTf1Mll8um8sJONFNxiEQCE5PUMi
Cpu is 5% at 40C. Gpu is 2% at 58-62C.
I sent the above video to someone else who has the Studio 2 and their's sounded nothing like that when its under load, let alone idling.
Its shame but I have to send this back again. Hoping the next one is better. My main concern is that my warranty will expire by which time the deteriorating fans (or whatever is wrong) renders this thing useless.
Has anyone actually had any improvements in the performance of their systems with the recent updates