Thank you so much "gsquaregsquare", your solution worked.
(Shame on Microsoft, this control shouldn't have been so well hidden)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The front camera on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 was too dark in Zoom (and in the Camera app). There are many folks asking how to adjust the brightness, but none of the answers in the posts I found work and all the posts were closed.
I discovered how to adjust the brightness:
Click on this icon and a brightness slider bar will appear. Adjust the brightness to what you want.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you so much "gsquaregsquare", your solution worked.
(Shame on Microsoft, this control shouldn't have been so well hidden)
Edit--
When I went back to the Camera App, the Settings icon would still disapprear when I clicked on it. So, if I right click on the icon bar (task bar??) at the bottom of the page (in a blank space, not on an icon), some options pop up. I clicked on the option, "Automatically hide the task bar" so that there was a check mark beside it. Then, when I went back to the Camera App, and clicked on the Settings icon, the various options displayed for me.
I completely agree, this took me SOOOOO much time to figure out and i am still not sure if it will work. I am happy there are people in the community who post what worked for them. Thank you!!
THANK YOU!!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you! It worked great. I had been struggling with this. Not intuitive.