Note that you have to update the Camera app to the latest version through the Microsoft Store to get the advanced controls. The older versions don't have it.
Surface Camera too dark
The front camera on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 was too dark in Zoom (and in the Camera app). There are many folks asking how to adjust the brightness, but none of the answers in the posts I found work and all the posts were closed.
I discovered how to adjust the brightness:
- Open the camera app. (Home, Camera)
- Click on Settings in the upper left corner.
- Under Camera, Pro Mode, Show advanced controls for photos and videos - click to "On".
- On the right side of the window, select the video camera icon.
- A little circle with a slash through it and a number below it will appear on the left side of the window.
Click on this icon and a brightness slider bar will appear. Adjust the brightness to what you want.
- Close the camera app.
- Open Zoom and the new camera brightness should be in effect there, too.
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-06-11T19:17:08+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-04T01:46:33+00:00 great! thanks!!
-
Anonymous
2020-05-29T20:33:35+00:00 When I clicked the settings icon, I couldn't get options. at first- I was in full screen mode. When my husband restored down the view (not minimize), the options appeared right below the tool icon. There I could select pro mode and then a brightness adjustment appeared..
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T15:47:27+00:00 Worked perfectly, thanks!