Brilliant - pun intended!
Surface Camera too dark
The front camera on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 was too dark in Zoom (and in the Camera app). There are many folks asking how to adjust the brightness, but none of the answers in the posts I found work and all the posts were closed.
I discovered how to adjust the brightness:
- Open the camera app. (Home, Camera)
- Click on Settings in the upper left corner.
- Under Camera, Pro Mode, Show advanced controls for photos and videos - click to "On".
- On the right side of the window, select the video camera icon.
- A little circle with a slash through it and a number below it will appear on the left side of the window.
Click on this icon and a brightness slider bar will appear. Adjust the brightness to what you want.
- Close the camera app.
- Open Zoom and the new camera brightness should be in effect there, too.
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-07-22T15:45:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-07-08T17:29:32+00:00 THANK YOU!! I had googled "my surface pro 3 camera" is too dark for months and couldn't find anything.. finally added "in Zoom" to my search and found your solution. Thank you!
-
Anonymous
2020-06-23T13:03:07+00:00 Thank you thank you thank you! It worked great. I had been struggling with this. Not intuitive.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-12T20:59:55+00:00 Edit--
When I went back to the Camera App, the Settings icon would still disapprear when I clicked on it. So, if I right click on the icon bar (task bar??) at the bottom of the page (in a blank space, not on an icon), some options pop up. I clicked on the option, "Automatically hide the task bar" so that there was a check mark beside it. Then, when I went back to the Camera App, and clicked on the Settings icon, the various options displayed for me.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-12T20:48:18+00:00 Thank you so much "gsquaregsquare", your solution worked.
(Shame on Microsoft, this control shouldn't have been so well hidden)