is a separate charger out? i noticed sp11 must be on to charge the keyboard and i put it to 100% in the surface app; when computer charges to 100% the keyboard likewise also charges to 100%, then can last about two days
Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues
I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.
I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.
The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).
It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).
I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.
Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...
Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-11T16:06:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-12-11T19:50:39+00:00 Hi, but I don't want to charge my laptop to 100%. It spends most of its time plugged in, so I only charge it to 50%. I would charge it to 80% but smart charge doesn't work - that's a separate issue. Its really not effective to demand the SP 11 to be on, at 100% itself, and as some people are saying, plugged in...! The keyboard needs to charge whenever it is plugged in, otherwise in normal use cases it barely charges.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T20:57:07+00:00 Mine is BRAND NEW straight out of the box (along with a brand new surface pro 11) and bought directly from Microsoft themselves so it’s not a refurbished one and the keyboard WILL NOT CHARGE. I spent $400 on this thing (it came with the pen) and it DOES NOT CHARGE. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting tricks I’ve found on the internet too, ESC key, disconnecting and reconnecting, all of it. Nothing. And my surface has been plugged into the charger and keyboard plugged into the surface this whole time. (Other than when I was detaching them). I don’t understand.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T21:56:39+00:00 Microsoft refuses to address this problem on their flagship device. I wound up selling mine as I could never get it to charge properly.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T22:12:20+00:00 Thebkeyboard does charge... on its own schedule. I never know when my keyboard charges, only that occasionally it does.