I am having the same problem. I have my Surface Pro 11 connected via the Microsoft Hub (itself a pricey hub that also charges the Surface Pro 11). The keyboard apparently does NOT charge. Does that mean I have to have the hub AND the charger on at the same time? Not doing that was the point of getting the expensive hub.
Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues
I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.
I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.
The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).
It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).
I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.
Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...
Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-24T18:47:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-24T19:01:22+00:00 I wound up just selling my Surface Pro and Flex Keyboard. Nobody at Microsoft made any effort to help or solve this issue.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-31T14:56:35+00:00 The Surface pro 11 is full of holes - its a joke that Microsoft put out a product which in many instances is not compatible with its own software! Try using print to Onenote on an ARM chipped Surface Pro - isn't available. I had to go back to classic Outlook because after hours wasted Microsoft told me there was an issue with new Outlook and multiple email addresses on business exchange platforms with ARM based Surface pro 11.
These are just a few issues. They don't tell you tis when you buy what is meant to be a premium product.
I have had Surface Pro's for 10 years - this is the last one.
Microsoft should come clean and buck their ideas up.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-04T08:29:49+00:00 It's a very unpleasant situation. This is the most expensive keyboard that exists and it doesn't work. And the company knows this and does nothing. He's just silent. The position of a small and bad company from a basement somewhere in China
-
Anonymous
2024-12-11T13:26:24+00:00 I am having exactly the same issue. The Flex keyboard doesnt charge! I am also using the battery limit set to 50%, as smart charging doesnt work for me. I cant believe how expensive this keyboard is, only for it not to work properly. MS - please fix this asap!