Agreed. In addition to the battery issue the Flex keyboard also randomly becomes unresponsive. Very frustrating and unacceptable.+
Ed
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.
I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.
The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).
It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).
I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.
Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agreed. In addition to the battery issue the Flex keyboard also randomly becomes unresponsive. Very frustrating and unacceptable.+
Ed
Send it back. I did, but I twice! I will buy it again when they have fixed it.
Hello everyone,
I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment regarding the charging issue with my Surface Flex Keyboard. Despite knowledge about this problem for at least a month now, this rather significant problem with an expensive technology is still persisting.
What is even more frustrating is the lack of communication from Microsoft. I have spent hours searching for a solution online, only to discover that many other users are experiencing the same issue. Yet, there has been no official statement or acknowledgment from Microsoft addressing this problem or providing a timeline for a fix.
As a loyal customer who invested in a premium product, I feel let down by the company’s silence. It is unacceptable to continue selling a product with known issues without informing customers or offering a resolution. This lack of transparency and support is deeply disappointing.
I urge Microsoft to address this issue promptly and communicate openly with affected users. We deserve to know that our concerns are being taken seriously and that a solution is on the way.
Thank you for your attention.
I've had the same problem since I got my Surface Flex keyboard. It seems to working well again when connected which is a plus but this charging problem is unaccptable.
I agree, this is an awful situation for such an expensive keyboard. The number of times I open up the SP 9 and see the keyboard fully charged is NEVER. It does not charge when the TB 4 dock is connected. It does not charge if the machine isn't charging by way of the proprietary OEM port. It does not charge until the machine is fully charged. I loved this keyboard when I got it. Going back to Logitech if this doesn't get better.