Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues

Anonymous
2024-08-16T00:45:19+00:00

I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.

I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.

The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).

It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).

I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.

Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...

Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T14:56:35+00:00

    The Surface pro 11 is full of holes - its a joke that Microsoft put out a product which in many instances is not compatible with its own software! Try using print to Onenote on an ARM chipped Surface Pro - isn't available. I had to go back to classic Outlook because after hours wasted Microsoft told me there was an issue with new Outlook and multiple email addresses on business exchange platforms with ARM based Surface pro 11.

    These are just a few issues. They don't tell you tis when you buy what is meant to be a premium product.

    I have had Surface Pro's for 10 years - this is the last one.

    Microsoft should come clean and buck their ideas up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T19:01:22+00:00

    I wound up just selling my Surface Pro and Flex Keyboard. Nobody at Microsoft made any effort to help or solve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T18:47:22+00:00

    I am having the same problem. I have my Surface Pro 11 connected via the Microsoft Hub (itself a pricey hub that also charges the Surface Pro 11). The keyboard apparently does NOT charge. Does that mean I have to have the hub AND the charger on at the same time? Not doing that was the point of getting the expensive hub.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T17:53:39+00:00

    I also encountered the same issue, but when I perform basic troubleshooting methods, it starts charging again. I'm waiting for Microsoft to roll out an update since it seems like a small fix. The reason for upgrading the keyboard on my Surface Pro 9 was to achieve the ultimate portable laptop and tablet setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T22:21:55+00:00

    You have every right to do so. I'd even consider sending back the entire bundle, including the surface pro itself, to be an appropriate reaction.

    Especally taking into account, that I bought the surface after microsoft already knew the problem exists.

    However, I would rather not send anything back yet, since I find myself in need for the device to work. I already gave my old laptop away and I do have a deadline coming up.

    In addition to that, the consept is still very appealing to me (although this charging issue nullifies the benefits for now).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments