i find not even turning on the backlight even the dimmest the battery lasts much longer. on the surface twitter i asked them for the charger they are quiet. singapore
Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues
I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.
I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.
The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).
It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).
I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.
Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...
Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-09T06:43:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-08T05:33:31+00:00 Hello, everyone. Interestingly, has anyone seen the official response of the company on this issue? Or do they not care about us and pretend that there is no problem?
-
Anonymous
2025-01-07T20:28:52+00:00 Same problem as everyone else, January 7, 2025, not charging consistently, no notice battery is low until the trackpad stops working. Extremely disappointing for a premium priced product, especially when the Surface Pro is such a wonderful device. Also, it should have a dedicated charging port for when it's not attached to the tablet. The battery is not going to last nearly as long as the tablet battery, since I mostly plug in the tablet and detach the keyboard. The typing & trackpad experience is good, but I regret the purchase (for the price to value ratio).
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T22:12:20+00:00 Thebkeyboard does charge... on its own schedule. I never know when my keyboard charges, only that occasionally it does.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T21:56:39+00:00 Microsoft refuses to address this problem on their flagship device. I wound up selling mine as I could never get it to charge properly.