Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues

Anonymous
2024-08-16T00:45:19+00:00

I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.

I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.

The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).

It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).

I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.

Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...

Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T12:21:16+00:00

    This isn't the case for me - as - when I have by some small miracle managed to get the keyboard to charge, it has in fact charged when plugged in via the USB-C port, when plugged into a slow charger no less!

    It definitely wont charge when the battery limit is on - so when the surface battery is at or below 50% the keyboard will not charge, even if the surface is plugged in. I have had to turn battery limit off, then plug the surface in, then if it is feeling kind, the keyboard might charge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T13:26:24+00:00

    I am having exactly the same issue. The Flex keyboard doesnt charge! I am also using the battery limit set to 50%, as smart charging doesnt work for me. I cant believe how expensive this keyboard is, only for it not to work properly. MS - please fix this asap!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T08:29:49+00:00

    It's a very unpleasant situation. This is the most expensive keyboard that exists and it doesn't work. And the company knows this and does nothing. He's just silent. The position of a small and bad company from a basement somewhere in China

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T17:53:39+00:00

    I also encountered the same issue, but when I perform basic troubleshooting methods, it starts charging again. I'm waiting for Microsoft to roll out an update since it seems like a small fix. The reason for upgrading the keyboard on my Surface Pro 9 was to achieve the ultimate portable laptop and tablet setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T21:44:51+00:00

    Send it back. I did, but I twice! I will buy it again when they have fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments