Docking station 4 - external screen does not wake up after falling in sleep mode

Anonymous
2016-02-22T03:09:28+00:00

I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.

After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.

But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.

Any ideas?

Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-15T00:08:58+00:00

    Hi Rizza,

    I am using a Surface Pro 4.  All updates are installed and the latest firmware is installed on the surface dock.  

    For me this problem went away months ago and then reappeared a couple weeks ago.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T22:46:16+00:00

    Since you already have your Surface updated, contact Answer Desk to further assist you about the issue. Check this link.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T22:47:49+00:00

    Hello Denis,

    When and where did you purchased your Surface Pro 4?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T23:48:37+00:00

    Just spent an hour on the phone with them.  Probably the least helpful thing...all they will offer to do is replace the dock (even though I now own 3 docks all purchased in the last 2 months that all exhibit the same behavior) followed by my surface (though I explained to her that both of my surfaces do this, as do my coworkers at my office).

    They are also big on making sure your surface software is up to date, despite the fact the monitor cycles inputs and freezes when the dock is not connected to the surface.  She even had my reset my display registry items assuming it was some monitor configuration causing the issue.

    I really just want someone at Microsoft to start looking at the dock specific technical reasons for this and potential resolutions.  It's SO easy to reproduce the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T00:19:22+00:00

    Hi Rizza,

    I purchased my surface and dock in Feb 2016 via Amazon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments