Docking station 4 - external screen does not wake up after falling in sleep mode

Anonymous
2016-02-22T03:09:28+00:00

I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.

After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.

But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.

Any ideas?

Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-15T19:55:19+00:00

    I have changed all cables and ran the updater and troubleshot everything and I still have this problem.  I have Surface Pro 4 and Surface 4 Dock and I have to unplug the dock and plug it back in every time I wake it from sleep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T22:32:07+00:00

    Hello Michael,

    Check this linkto troubleshoot your Surface Dock.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T22:28:41+00:00

    Have you tried to troubleshoot your device by following the steps on this link. You may also check your warranty status here. Also, you may create an online request to have your device and Dock fixed. Here's the link.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-20T07:48:03+00:00

    Hi,

    the Microsoft Surface Dock Updater is completely disfunctional. It does not detect when the dock is connected to my surface pro 3.

    I have constantly trouble with this device (power management, dock, crashes, etc) and it costs massive hours for our organization and from my spare time. Last Surface ever.

    R

    Michael

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T02:25:19+00:00

    For the record, this is an ongoing issue for me as well.

    All the obvious checks (Windows updates, firmware updates, Dock updates) have been completed repeatedly (even obsessively) over the past several months in the hopes that an update would fix the issue.  Nothing has changed.  Yes, I even check for Surface Dock firmware updates regularly via the Surface Dock Updater. 

    Surface Pro 4 i5/256gB, purchased directly from the Microsoft Store in Boston.

    Also for the record, I've tried using the "Answer Desk" multiple times for other issues - every single time this has proven to be a complete waste of time.  Not only was the answer desk of no technical help, and not only did they seem to not understand the basics of the machine (which is a Microsoft device, so you'd think they'd know it), but every time they stated that they would follow up with me via email.  They were very explicit in this point, stating that they would get back to me one way or the other.  I have never received a single reply from them, neither by email nor phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments