Paulo, you are right. Just checked the power plan settings, and indeed when connected to external power the Book is set to just turn off the monitors. Apparently, once they are off... They are off for good.
Docking station 4 - external screen does not wake up after falling in sleep mode
I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.
After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.
But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.
Any ideas?
Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-02-23T16:35:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-23T16:30:27+00:00 I've noticed a similar problem yesterday but it is not when the device goes to sleep, but when it turns the screens off.
In my case the setup is an SP4 (i7/16GB/512GB) with Surface Dock and a Dell P2415Q (REV A03) display and only happens after the Feb 17th updates and only when the screens have been turned off but the device is not yet asleep.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-23T16:12:07+00:00 Having the same issue after installing the latest updates on 02/19 -- Surface Book firmware and what not:
- System Hardware Update - 2/17/2016
- Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI
- Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator Firmware
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Management Engine
When coming out of "sleep" (yeah, power management issues still haven't been fixed!), the external monitors will no longer power up. No amount of toggling, reconnecting cables, or powering the dock up and down will fix it. Only a reboot.
Basically, now I have to reboot the laptop every time it comes out of the sleep and I have to shut it down on the go every time before closing the lid. That's some portability, bro! Thanks a ton!..
Setup
Surface Book
Intel Core i7 6600U 2.6GHz
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
Microsoft Surface Dock
Asus VE278 monitor
Dell U2713HM
Microsoft! This is unacceptable!
You sold people $3,000 paperweight! A pathetic piece of garbage that's been broken from the start and has never been fixed despite numerous promises. In fact, every subsequent update seems to make matters worse, not better. I would have returned this pathetic excuse of a laptop if I could. Shame on me for believing in Microsoft ability to actually fix things. My last Microsoft purchase. Ever. I already ditched my Windows Phone. Looks like it is time to go completely Microsoft free.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T20:20:22+00:00 I am having the same issue and I am just using a straight display port cable. I have a Samsung 32' 4k monitor. UE850. Before feb update surface would not wake up now the external monitor will not wake up.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T10:28:47+00:00 Hello!
May I ask what kind of adapter you are using between the docking station and the display? Which model is the display?
Kind regards