I had this problem and solved it by installing this driver:
This is the Beta 15.40.20.4404 driver.
Been trouble free now for a few days. Waking up each time without difficulty.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.
After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.
But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.
Any ideas?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I had this problem and solved it by installing this driver:
This is the Beta 15.40.20.4404 driver.
Been trouble free now for a few days. Waking up each time without difficulty.
Hey Jack,
I completely empathize with your frustration.
When removing your surface -turn the monitor off immediately after disconnecting
When leaving the surface connected - enable never sleep when connected to a power source, and put on a good screensaver
With that said, it sucks to have to do this, and I think its completely unreasonable given what we've paid for these damn docks.
Devin
Yes I pretty much love my Surface Pro 4, HOWEVER every time it turns the monitor off I have to use the power button to get it back on again... also now that I have a docking station- if it sleeps the monitors they are off period until reboot...
Microsoft if you can't fix this tell us how to disable the sleep all together so this thing stops wasting our time trying to save a bit of power-- it is stupid beyond compare!!
GIVE US SOMETHING!
So, is there anyone from MS support interestd to fix this issue?
I've noticed a similar problem yesterday but it is not when the device goes to sleep, but when it turns the screens off.
In my case the setup is an SP4 (i7/16GB/512GB) with Surface Dock and a Dell P2415Q (REV A03) display and only happens after the Feb 17th updates and only when the screens have been turned off but the device is not yet asleep.