Thanks for the feedback, Pete. Probably a worthwhile thing for people to checkout.
This thread is focused on the dock specific issues (ie: issues that exist when the computer isn't even connected to the dock)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.
After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.
But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.
Any ideas?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for the feedback, Pete. Probably a worthwhile thing for people to checkout.
This thread is focused on the dock specific issues (ie: issues that exist when the computer isn't even connected to the dock)
Hey Jack,
I completely empathize with your frustration.
When removing your surface -turn the monitor off immediately after disconnecting
When leaving the surface connected - enable never sleep when connected to a power source, and put on a good screensaver
With that said, it sucks to have to do this, and I think its completely unreasonable given what we've paid for these damn docks.
Devin
I have exactly the same problems with Surface Book and Surface Dock, the whole point of paying so much money for both was that they would work well together & really its the worst experience I've had with docking stations. The whole Surface experience is really disappointing, all the usual problems just twice the price. I've tried all the solutions listed and finally i'm just going to go with the above advice and hopefully it works. Just ridiculous that screens have to be left on 24/7 because of this poor hardware.
I have changed all cables and ran the updater and troubleshot everything and I still have this problem. I have Surface Pro 4 and Surface 4 Dock and I have to unplug the dock and plug it back in every time I wake it from sleep.