Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-10T18:27:30+00:00

    I'm just wondering if any MS Product Owners use their products. I have the same issue and it's a shame.

    Sorry to say this, but the more I use MS the more I want to switch to Apple. It's crazy when I buy not a cheap device and have such stupid bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T11:11:47+00:00

    OK, I went through the steps described here, and right after that, they pushed a firmware update for my Bluetooth module. And now it works fine. Good job!

    But for me, it's unclear why didn't you do this earlier, because not all users want to find this topic and go through the steps described.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-28T09:51:58+00:00

    i can't get it fixed. tried all the steps but under Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros ... it has no energy options in w10 2004. I fixed it with a reset to an earlier version (1909). Isn't it strange that Microsoft can't provide an update for a Ms device without any problems. Someone can help to solve the issue, or do i have to wait till there is a correct version of 2004? But how do i know there is? Please provide a solution for 2004 because i need that version for another fix (2x display with surface doc).

    Device: Surface Laptop 3 15inch

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-29T15:20:51+00:00

    Same as @DaveHabets - Bluetooth on this device is making my life miserable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T23:05:39+00:00

    I have the same problem with Surface Laptop 3 15" AMD. 

    Same as DaveHabets - I had fixed it in 1909 but the W10 2004 update broke it again - and now the power options have vanished on the Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros.

    This a Microsoft device running all Microsoft software with a Microsoft mouse.  You would think that they would all work together?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments