Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-27T02:37:26+00:00

    If you're still having trouble try this Phil, its worked for me.

    1 - Carry out the advice regarding going to Device Manager - Human Interface Devices - Bluetooth Low Energy GATT... - Power Management  - and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power...

    2 - Then also go back to Device Manager - Bluetooth - Power Management - Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth - click that and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save poweroption.

    Hope it works for you.  Regards.

    Mike.

    Thank you MIKE!  This was driving me nuts.  So sad that Microsoft couldn't help or solve the problem.  Mike's solution works!  And I decided to try it *without* rebooting my Surface 3 laptop and I have not seen my bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX Master 3), keyboard (Logitech MX Key ), or headset (Aftershokz Aeropex) disconnect since I toggled that setting off... and it's been over an hour... it was connecting/disconnecting about every 5-10 minutes before it seemed like, maybe it was a tad longer.  But definitely not happening now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T02:47:09+00:00

    If you're still having trouble try this Phil, its worked for me.

    1 - Carry out the advice regarding going to Device Manager - Human Interface Devices - Bluetooth Low Energy GATT... - Power Management  - and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power...

    2 - Then also go back to Device Manager - Bluetooth - Power Management - Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth - click that and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save poweroption.

    Hope it works for you.  Regards.

    Mike.

    Thank you MIKE!  This was driving me nuts.  So sad that Microsoft couldn't help or solve the problem.  Mike's solution works!  And I decided to try it *without* rebooting my Surface 3 laptop and I have not seen my bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX Master 3), keyboard (Logitech MX Key ), or headset (Aftershokz Aeropex) disconnect since I toggled that setting off... and it's been over an hour... it was connecting/disconnecting about every 5-10 minutes before it seemed like, maybe it was a tad longer.  But definitely not happening now.

    Thanks, Mike for the workaround. This has also worked for me. But I've got a case open with Microsoft support and am trying to have this escalated. They keep pushing a replacement without even acknowledging that this workaround solves the issue. And when confronted with the link to this thread, they just go silent.

    If the escalation gets anywhere, I'll report back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T07:42:01+00:00

    Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

    I have tried all the standard items,

    readding the bluetooth device

    restarting the computer

    ensure the laptop power settings are correct

    making sure all updates have been installed

    etc.

    Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

    I have the same issue and my laptop cant even watch one video without it overheating or lagging like crazy also even do homework it sucks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T12:36:12+00:00

    No problem.  It'd be interesting to see what Microsoft recommend - the number of people on this message board still waiting for an answer is why I started looking into it myself ;)

    Regards,

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T13:47:17+00:00

    No problem.  It'd be interesting to see what Microsoft recommend - the number of people on this message board still waiting for an answer is why I started looking into it myself ;)

    Regards,

    Mike

    It has bugged me since October when I got the machine. :) Initially, I couldn't find anything on it and I was traveling a bunch so didn't have the time to focus on it and would just do the angerface for 30 seconds and move on when it happened. But now, with being at home so much, I've had the time to chase it down.

    I was really happy to see a recent post when I poked around last week!

    But the email from support that I received last night says they don't think of this as a known issue. They *suspect* it is a chipset problem and would like to proceed with a replacement, but weren't able to tell me definitively. They again ignored any reference to this thread.

    I'm inclined to do that and see if it fixes anything (I mean, it is possible...). And if not, then continue the escalation.

    More as I hear more...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments